Lionel Messi Soccer Gear & Equipment:
Lionel Andrés "Leo" Messi is considered by many to be the best soccer player in the world for the last decade. For example, the Ballon d'Or is awarded annually to the best soccer player in the world. Lionel Messi has won the Ballon d'Or award in the following years: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015. Despite a record 55 goals on the international level with the Argentine National Team, Messi has incomparably shined at his club football home since February 2001: Barcelona FC. Signed by Barcelona FC on a paper napkin in December, 2000, Leo embarked on his historic professional Barcelona career at the tender age of 13. The rest is, as they say, soccer history... and immortality.
Messi's prestigious soccer legacy has sparked tremendous demand for his soccer merchandise. We have an impressive collection of official Lionel Messi gear and equipment including: soccer jerseys, footwear (indoor / turf / cleats), training gear, balls, shinguards and more. adidas even offers exclusive Messi soccer gear collections throughout the year with unique color schemes and design elements.
A brief history of Lionel Messi:
Did you know?
- Lionel Andrés "Leo" Messi (born June 24, 1987) in Rosario, Argentina to father Jorge Messi (steel factory manager) and mother Celia Cuccittini (magnet factory worker.)
- Raised in a soccer-philic family, Leo flourished as a young player learning his craft from two older brothers and two cousins that became professional soccer players.
- From age 6 to 12 he scored almost 500 goals(!) for the local Rosario club, Newell's Old Boys, which dominated the local soccer scene.
- In 2000, Lionel was signed by Barcelona FC at age 13. He progressed quickly through the youth club ranks and debuted with the first team in a friendly versus Porto on November 16, 2003 at the ago of 16 years and just over 4 months.
- He scored his first Barcelona FC goal on May 1, 2005 versus Alacete.
- Since 2005, Lionel has been a fixture in the Barcelona first team and innumerable awards and records have followed.
If you have any questions.... just ask: info@SoccerEvolution.com / 1.800.949.GOAL (4625)
- An offer to pay for his hormone-deficiency treatments partially motivated Leo's 2000 signing with Barcelona FC.
- Brazilian soccer star, Ronaldinho, assisted Messi on his first Barcelona FC goal.
- Messi was the 2nd highest earning (salary + bonuses + endorsements) athlete in the world in 2016.
- In 2007 he founded the Lionel Messi Foundation advocating opportunities for disadvantaged youths.
- A great way to keep up with new Lionel Messi soccer gear: Visit our Lionel Messi Pinterest Board