Cristiano Ronaldo (CR7!) is simply one of the best soccer players in the world, winning the Ballon d'Or award in: 2008, 2013, 2014, 2016 & 2017!!
Cristiano's soccer pedigree and movie star looks has sparked unprecedented demand for his soccer jerseys, cleats & gear!
A brief history of Cristiano Ronaldo:
Did you know?
- Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro (born 02/07/85) in Santo Antonio, Madeira, Portugal
to Jose Dinis Aveiro (municipal gardener) and Maria Dolores dos Santos Aveiro (cook / cleaning woman)
- Raised in a small tin-roofed home, Cristiano had a challenging childhood with few luxuries.
Young Cristiano was obsessed with soccer and would sneak out to play instead of completing homework or eating meals
- His soccer career began at local amateur club, Andorinha, for which his father worked as the "kit man."
He then moved on to local club Nacional for two years.
- In 1997, at age 12, CR7 was signed to club Sporting CP for a fee of 1,500 pounds following a three day tryout. Cristiano progressed rapidly through the youth club levels and debuted in the Primeira Liga on 10/07/02.
- Sir Alex Ferguson signed the 18 year-old phenom to Manchester United
and christened him with the # 7 Red Devil jersey he sported from 2003-09.
- CR7 joined Real Madrid in 09/10 for a world record 80 million pound transfer fee.
Let's just say, Real Madrid got their money's worth!
- Ronaldo made the bold move to Juventus in July 2018, signing with "the Old Lady" ("la Vecchia Signora") until at least June 2022!
- He was named "Ronaldo" after his father's favorite actor: Ronald Reagan!
- Diagnosed with a heart condition that almost ended his soccer career, at age 15, Cristiano underwent a procedure involving a laser.
Fortunately, he was discharged just hours after the procedure and resumed training within a week.
- Upon joining Manchester United, Cristiano requested #28. However, he received the #7 jersey and the CR7 legend was born!
- Ronaldo was the highest earning athlete in the world in 2016!