The United States Women's National Team (USWNT) represent their country in elite female soccer competitions worldwide, including the Women's World Cup held every 4 years.
These professional athletes train their entire lives to qualify for the prestigious USWNT squad.
USWNT Brief History:
- Founded: 1983; First Match: 08.18.85
(1-0 loss to Italy in Italian Mundialito tournament)
- First World Cup: 1991 (Guangdong, China)
- World Cup Titles: 1991, 1999 & 2015
- Top Rivals: Japan, Germany, England, China, France
- Top Current & Past Players: Alex Morgan, Carli Lloyd, Mia Hamm, Abby Wambach
, Kristine Lilly, Megan Rapinoe, Julie Ertz, Tobin Heath, Julie Foudy, Michelle Akers.
USWNT Did You Know?
- The FA ban on women's soccer was eliminated in 1971!
- USWNT has competed in EVERY Women's World Cup
- USWNT is the defending World Cup Champion & favorite going into WWC 2019 France
- Most matches / caps: Kristine Lilly (354)
- Most career goals: Abby Wambach (184)
- Since the 1600s, Native Americans played a form of soccer called Pasuckuakohowog ("kicking ball sport")